I practice meditating in the morning on what good habits I want to encourage and what bad habits I want to discourage throughout the day.
Throughout the day I monitor myself. If I do any of my bad habits, I have fallen out of grace for the day. I am essentially changing my personality and training myself to be more joyful.
The habits I discourage are:
- Don’t become negative about any situation
- Don’t get jealous at anyone
- Don’t raise my voice
- Don’t get mad at colleagues
- Don’t blame anyone including myself
- Don’t express negativity towards myself
- Don’t express negativity towards anyone
- Don’t be impatient
- Don’t get anxious about work
- Don’t get anxious about sleep
- Don’t speak in a condescending way
A simple way to summarize the above items is I am removing all negativity out of my life.
At the end of each day, I evaluate how I did.